Serving the Community Since 1908
Grant Avenue Church was constructed in 1908 and was recently designated as a Colorado Historic Landmark. Originally, this 30,000-sqaure-foot structure served as a place of worship for the Grant Avenue United Methodist Church, but in 2000 the Church donated the building and property to the community, creating the Grant Avenue Community Center & Sacred Place, Inc. Today, the Community Center is used by more than twenty local organizations and community groups, serving approximately 2,000 people each week. In the beautiful historic sanctuary, one can see magnificent original stained-glass windows and one of Colorado’s finest historic pipe organs. The building is still used for weddings, as well as for weekly church services for the Grant Avenue United Methodist Church and Pathways Church.
Over the past 100 years, this building has served as a focal point for local social, educational, health-related and spiritual gatherings, as well as a meeting space for state and national conferences.
** From the Grant Avenue Community Center website at: www.grantave.org